Monday, March 9, 2020

March 9th Musings: Fairfax Fun on the 10th, AB5, POTUS Run

Hey Everybody!

Music related notice: Richard Wood, Jose Simioni and a few of the usual suspects are playimg Peri's in Fairfax tomorrow night, starting at 8:30 pm. If you are in the neighborhood, please stop by and say "hello." I'm working the early shift at the Good Earth that day,  so if I am able to drop by and sing a few tunes, it will be early.

Thanks for understanding my erratic blog posting habits as of late. Our sweet dog Lucy has been ill and sadly, we had to send her off to the rainbow bridge. I posted on facebook about it
 Thank you for your kind messages. Arne misses their daily walks. If you know anyone with a high energy pup who needs a good hike, please contact me.

The NY Times did not post my letter to the editor, which is actually a good thing, because it was not my best work, so although I said I would publish it here, it needs a rewrite before I post it anywhere.

Speaking of writing, please allow me to share a short story I read this morning -- it is a less than a five minute read, but it hit me to my core. I hope it inspires you in some way.

https://stanfordmag.org/contents/grace-for-the-grasshopper/

Last not least:  I voted for Joe Biden in the CA primary, yet am still a registered candidate in this POTUS primary race. I know that doesn't make sense by conventional standards, but musicians and artists and the poor need a voice in this race, and it is not Bernie. I supported him in the 2016 primary because he spoke to me. In fact, my words were his slogan. I have asked him about where his "Not me, us" slogan came from on more than one occasion, and neither he nor anyone on his staff has given me the decency of a reply. Seriously?

Truth be told, anyone who supports AB5 is lacking the knowledge to properly serve our entire country. It is up to us to educate our elected representatives. Running gives our isssues a platform.

Here is a video with more information:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnHrUE2XSfABYsfXuDM9gXg

Thanks again for all your support over the years.

I hope you have a wonderful day, and once again, I wish you peace, love, music and "enough."

Ox,
Mari

Blog Archive