Monday, August 31, 2026

August Ends, September Begins

 Hey Everybody, 

Took a break from the blog and the blur of old memories yesterday, managed to make dinner and go shopping for groceries, had a long talk with one of my sisters. It was a good day to recharge. 

We're all just doing the best we can do with what we've been given, whatever that may be. I think it was Ghandi who said. "Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is important that you do it." Well, not sure I agree with that one anymore, after reading all that the wonderful Dolly Parton was able to achieve in her life. Empathy truly IS a superpower. 

Music: 

We've got a gig coming up on September 12th: 4 - 8 at The Saloon in North Beach, the place that convinced me to move out to San Francisco. That, and the promise of a place to live in order to avail myself of a great public education system. It's a long story for another time. Forgive me if I repeat myself. 

Here is the band lineup for the 9/12/26 Mari Mack & Livin' Like Kings gig: 

Mari Tamburo on vocals - Arne Frager on bass - Richard Wood on keys - Dave Powell on guitar and Ry Blumenfeld on the drum throne. 

I'm sharing a song today. It's not mine, but the lyrics could be used for a Wednesday, when we're known for sharing wise words on occasion: 

Listen here

Ox,

Mari 

Blog Archive