Monday, August 26, 2024

Studio Fourth Street Pics and Promises to Myself

Hello All! 


Here's a pic of Arne and me from our Saturday night gig at Studio Fourth Street. The band played well and at a balanced and reasonable volume. I had to work the mic technique a bit, so as not to overpower the PA.
Photo by Barbie Rose

More pics here
Taking a couple of weeks off from gigging as I attempt to dig in and create a video for one or two of the original songs I released a while back. 

Working toward getting some gigs out East, so I can visit my sisters, nieces and nephews, and their kids, and maybe some cousins, and old friends. 
In the meantime, I'm thoroughly enjoying my immediate family, cute grandkids, and circle of West Coast and fb friends, and am looking forward to making more music and art, i.e., transforming air into song, pain into positivity, and trash into treasure!

It is my firm belief that we all have the ability to replace our bad habits with good habits, and to bring beauty and joy into this world. 
We just have to believe in ourselves, which is easier said than done sometimes, depending upon how many levels of grief and disappointment we are attempting to dig through.

Speaking of digging, I've been engaging in some deep soul searching lately, working through the things that have been holding me back for DECADES. This process started in earnest 2015, after viewing the film "Paper Tigers" at the Mill Valley Film Festival.
If you haven't seen it, check it out. If you have trouble finding it, let me know.

That's all I have time for at the moment.

To follow writings beyond my musical adventures, subscribe to my substack or main blog,  go to maritamburo dot com

I hope you have the best possible week!

Ox, 
Mari 




Blog Archive