Friday, August 23, 2024

Next Show: Studio Fourth Street, San Rafael, CA | August 24th, 7:30 pm

Hey Everybody! 
How are you doing? I hope you are doing well. 
Friendly reminder: 
Our final gig for this month: 
Saturday, August 24th at Studio Fourth Street, 1569 Fourth Street, San Rafael, CA 
Downbeat is at 7:30 pm.
 
https://www.studiofourthstreet.com
This will be a low volume set, as the it is what we call  "a very live room." Luckily, we have the ability to be flexible and improvise. Flexibility is strength!  
Btw, if you are curious enough to take the time to click through to the event info page, that's a pic I took after a Saloon gig, with my previous 13 year old cell phone, which I happened to lose at the Oakland Airport. I'm still working on restoring contacts and finding snippets of tunes in progress... 
Speaking of pics, here is a link to some pics from the Lucca gig: I posted them in our Mari Mack & Livin' Like Kings Facebook group.  If you are on Facebook, join us and invite a friend! 
A couple of other things: 
I may soon be in search of a space for my Landfill Diversion Arts project - I have decided that it is time to vacate the studio I've been occupying at Marin Society of Arts Galley and Studios/Art Centre since July 2021. It's a long story, and I am doing my best to keep a positive outlook as I try to negotiate a new space in the same building. Do you know someone looking for space to create? Maybe we can start a co-op. I need freedom and space to create the type of art I want to create, and would like to be able to make some noise sometimes. 
Be who you are - everyone else is taken! 
Ox, 
Mari 

p.s., Thank you to everyone who has donated so far to my friend Elena's Go Fund Me. I am saddened to share that her most recent lymph node biopsy came back positive. As you can imagine, this is devastating news. If at all possible, please donate and/or share the link to her Go Fund Me campaign. Thank you. 



Blog Archive