Friday, June 28, 2024

Voting Blues

Hey All, 

Did you watch the "debate" last night? I watched the "debate" last night. And, since I can't get 90 minutes of my life back, I'm just moving forward. Today is another day! 

First things first: 

Upcoming shows: 

Saturday, July 6th at The Saloon in San Francisco 4 - 8 pm 

Saturday, July 13th at The Throckmorton  - Live album recording! Show at 8, doors at 7: TICKETS

Wednesday, July 31st at The Empress Marquis Lounge 6:30 pm 

Now, about that "debate"

So, the only new thing I learned is that President Biden had a cold last night. 

We already know that Trump is a liar and a con man, instead of using AI to decimate the creative industries, can we use it for live fact checking during political theatre? Not sure it is accurate enough yet, based upon this screenshot I grabbed off Reddit...

We already know that President Biden is not the world's greatest orator - what matters most to me is, Joe Biden is a man of action, and his actions are for the benefit of the every day citizen. I remember when people criticized Obama for being "too much of a smooth talker." And wearing a tan suit.

My opinion, based upon years of observation is that for the most part, especially in politics, opinions are usually formulated depending upon a desired end result. Experience has taught me that some people will say and sometimes do anything to forward an agenda. I found that out a long time ago (in high school) and received a painful reminder during that whole sidewalk mess. 

Anyway, when we vote for POTUS, we vote for the team. President Biden's team is not trying to strip women of our civil rights, they are not trying to strip us of the freedom to make our own personal health choices. That is why I am voting blue. 

Perhaps if we had more real journalists on television and fewer opining paycheck-collecting pundits, we all would be better off. However, real journalism costs money, just like real music. 

All that said, I hope you have a great day. 

Go see some live music this weekend. It's good for your soul. 

Ox,

Mari 


p.s. I started a Substack. Please consider subscribing here



Blog Archive