Monday, May 6, 2024

Monday Musings : 5/6/24

Hey Everybody! 

Thank you to the folks who have made OALAEHOAIS the most popular track so far on my Spotify account! Of course, the fact that it has a swear word (tame by today's standards, for sure) and has been given an "E" (for explicit lyrics) rating might have something to do with that. It is a catchy tune, I must say. Jimi and Arne did a great job on the arrangement. 

I'd venture a guess that given my current Spotify monthly subscriber count, I have had fewer than 1000 streams this past year, so that makes me ineligible for ANY sort of payout, like many other independent artists who do not have the benefit of the big machine or cannot afford to gig regularly for whatever reason, whether they be health or family, or band member availability, demons from childhood lurking in one's subconscious, or any other number of reasons.  

I am not complaining, just sharing information to curious folks!

If you wake up each day determined to bring your best into the world, whether that is music and/or anything else, my hat is off to you! 

That said, if you would like to support our music making efforts, you can choose to pay to download the track from Bandcamp, or come to a gig, send me an email for another method. 

Also, I will be at the Marin Open Studios at the MSA Gallery on May 11th, and we will be playing music in San Francisco's North Beach on May 18th at the usual place (The Saloon, 1232 Grant Avenue.) 

Thanks for reading! 

I hope you have the best day possible judged by your own standards, because what you think and feel is what counts most. Everything else is someone else's opinion, and if you have heard the song, you know how I feel about that. 

Ox,

Mari 



Blog Archive