Monday, May 13, 2024

Monday, Monday, May 13th

Hey Everybody! 

Music first: We will be at The Saloon this Saturday from 4 - 8 pmish. If you are in the 'hood, stop by! It's always a fun time and a much needed cathartic release. We have some magical moments! 

Speaking of fun and magical music moments, have you caught Eric Levy's "Same Old Blues" series? If you want to catch a glimpse of some marathon musicianship, check out his socials. he's crossposting on all his socials.

I hope you had a fun day yesterday, whether you chose to celebrate Mother's Day or not. I know the day can be a tricky one for some. As for me, I kept my mother's memory close, and spent the days with the "kids," While I did not personally birth any babies in this life, I somehow get to enjoy two really cute and smart grandkids on the weekend. So fun. 

I would share the cute drawing that our grandson made here, but my phone is charging, which seems to be a perpetual thing these days. I tend to hang on to tech things as long as I possible can before replacing them. It's as much a money thing as it is a resistance to that whole "planned obsolescence" set up that corporations engage in order to make us all keep buying more "stuff." They have to keep the machine going somehow. Sharing a video about that here, at this link (in case you missed it when a bunch of us first shared it on various social media outlets back in 2007.)  I'm still trying to hang onto my old car, to keep it out of the landfill.

Anyway, I hope you have a great week! Enjoy your moments, no matter what you are doing. Be kind to yourself and let it flow around you. 

Ox,

Mari 


Blog Archive