Monday, June 1, 2020

Attempting the Impossible

Look, I know that Joe Biden is the presumptive nominee. We all figured that Hillary was going to be the first woman president. At least I did. She is and was the most qualified in the traditional sense of politics.
However, it has become clear to many of us that the way we have been doing things for many years is not working for most of us.
And I understand the desire to get back to "normal" - I really do.
But we need to go beyond normal.
We need to do better.
And in order to do better, we need to be better people.
That is it.
I want kids out of cages.
I want us all to be able to, at the very least, be able to afford a roof over our heads and food in our bellies.

We cannot live up to our full potential when we are struggling to survive. This is true whether we are talking about a person, a family, a community or a country.

And we cannot live up to our potential if we live in fear.

But we do need laws, and at the basic root of civilized society, those who are bound to uphold the law are required to abide by those same laws. We know this has not been the case for a long time. Too many names, too many families.

Breonna Taylor.

In my opinion, all four of those policemen who watched George Floyd's life leave his body broke the law and they should all be held accountable.

Until we all have justice, none of us can have peace.

Ox,
Mari

P.s. if you have not yet voted in a primary, please write me in "Mari Tamburo"



Blog Archive