Sunday, May 31, 2020

Back to Black

You may have noticed that this blog is back to black. When I cannot express how I feel through music, I use my blogs.

As for music, I miss playing in the band, but we are still in a pandemic, so I am grateful for my day gig. It's good to feel useful.

Thank you to everyone who protested peacefully to speak up against brutality. When we make the time to look back, may we see what needs to be fixed, and go about doing the work.

Eight years ago, I took a personal journey to find out more information as to how a plan to restore an historic walking path in a semi rural suburban neighborhood turned into a 1.1 million dollar concrete sidewalk.
It's a long story, but anyway, that experience demonstrated just how unjust this society is, even in liberal Marin County, where some people who have so much, seem to need so much more.

We learned some lessons, we made lemons from lemonade (in more ways than one.)
Mostly, I learned how strong I am and how strong love is.

No policy is going to fix what truly needs fixing.
That starts in your heart.

That said, we can start by electing more public servants who have a heart and who are willing to listen.

I wish you peace, love and enough.
Oh, and music.
Lots of music.

Ox,
Mari

Blog Archive