Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Why the Arts Matter...to me

Music and art saved my life - literally. As a kid growing up in HUD housing, I often turned to music and art to escape the challenges of everyday life without a strong family foundation. Our family had limited resources, so my school choir was a much needed outlet. Thanks to music, I have been able to visit places I never would have seen otherwise, and meet people who have changed my life in profound ways; these are people who I never would have met, without music. This is why I believe very strongly in the arts as a vehicle for change, funded an arts non-profit and constantly advocate for music and arts education.
Think about what your life would be like without music or the arts. If you don't already have a favorite arts non-profit, please consider joining the Artsboretum - and when you make your donation, feel free to specify what discipline moves you the most - music, art, dance theatre, etc.

Blog Archive