Monday, September 28, 2026

Until Further Notice: Second Saturday Afternoon at The Saloon!

Hey All! 
Next music gig coming up is Saturday, October 10th, 2026, 4 - 8 pm, at The Saloon, 1232 Grant Avenue, San Francisco.Band lineup for this gig: 
Richard Wood on keys, Dave Powell on guitar, and those two living legends in the rhythm section: Arne Frager on bass, and Roy Blumenfeld on the drum throne. If you know, you know. If you don't, come check it out and you might understand a bit better! 
 
In other news, I'm thrilled to report that I've recently landed a new gig that will allow me to use my communication and tech skills for public good. If you know me well enough, you already understand what motivates me: the ability to serve. 
Also, I tend to go where I am needed, wanted, and can be challenged and make a true contribution. Experience has taught me not to give up, and to trust my instincts. 
I'm excited that this latest opportunity means I will be able to invest in making more of the music I want to make, and I will be able to bring back the horns, so we can get that "Livin' Like Kings" thing going again! And speaking of living like a "king" - if I'm not able to live like Albert, BB or Freddie, I hope to be able to live like Ann King. She passed in 2020, and I recommend you read her obituary. She wrote it herself, and her chosen opening line? "Damn. I'm dead." Before that, she lived.  I plan to do the same! 

Ox, 
Mari 

p.s.

Blog Archive