Thursday, August 6, 2026

Shows on August 7th and 8th | Benicia and San Francisco

First things first - have to pay the blog toll! (Inside joke, if you are curious, send me an email.) 

Upcoming gigs: Friday at Lucca in Benicia 6:30 pm and Saturday at 4:00 pm at The Saloon in San Francisco 

I've had so much on my mind, weighing heavy in my heart that I'm really grateful to have two gigs this week. At first, I was pretty upset when Arne booked two gigs back to back, but now I'm grateful, because I need the spiritual release that only music provides. 

And on that note, the celebration of Glen Hansard's life took place on August 4th in Ireland. It was shown on RTE, BBC and several live news outlets. I caught the tail end of the live stream, and was so moved by the crowd of people still standing there in the church, singing, that I felt compelled to watch the recording of the entire service. It was a beautiful service, a reminder to live our lives with more kindness, courage, creativity and love. If you are already doing this, just keep doing it. If you find you are living your life any other way, you can decide to have a change of heart at any moment. 

Ox,

Mari 

p.s., to the people who keep bringing up the age gaps in his relationships - did you ever think that some people connect at a soul level

Blog Archive