Monday, September 30, 2024

Clearing a Path, continued...

It's weird, the thoughts that pop into your head when you see something from years ago. 

For me, I either remember the exact moment, or think "Where the heck did this come from?" (shrug)

Today (September 30th) is my final move out day at the MSA Gallery. I will refrain from sharing the details of my adventure here at this time, as I find it hard to tell the tale without making someone else look bad. That serves no purpose. 

Let me just say that I am more determined than before to be an artist advocate, starting with my own self. I guess I needed another reminder about how most people are just too timid to speak up on their own behalf - so to speak up on someone else's behalf is a rare thing indeed! I thought I learned that lesson during the dreaded sidewalk mess - that is still a head scratcher. Some things just don't make sense from a logical perspective. but then again, politics is rarely logical. Speaking of politics, the old grifter has taken to posting scripture from his Facebook page and some folks are sharing it! Yikes. 

Anyway, after this latest adventure  with "stuff" in a condensed time frame, I'm going to look into that whole Swedish "death cleaning" practice, and continue to pass things on to people and places that can get more use out of them. I don't want the kids to have to deal with too much of our stuff. My poor mom. I wonder what need she was trying to fill by shopping so much throughout the years. I recall she had QVC on speed dial in the early nineties. 

That's it for now. Hop you have the best possible day. 

Ox,

Mari 



Blog Archive