Tuesday, June 18, 2024

The Humanity of Music | July at The Saloon, The Throckmorton, Empress in Vallejo

Hey Everybody! 

Whew, it has been an emotionally draining couple of weeks (months, years...?) 
Feeling grateful to have this July 13th show at The Throckmorton to prep for, because it takes me out of  my sadness and out of my comfort zone! I've reached the point that I cannot NOT make music. Because it is worse to keep all these feelings inside. Besides, I know of nothing else that allows us to connect with each other so completely. Those of you who "get" live music know what I am talking about. There is nothing like being there, IN the moment, when we are all communicating on that level. 
Can't do that with AI! 
For the show on the 13th, Arne has asked Willie Riser to sit in for a few tunes, because he wants to be somewhat "hands on" for part of the recording. However, he also wants to play bass, so I am sure he'll recruit one of his many pro audio recording colleagues to handle that. It is a live album recording after all! 
Did I mention that I've invited Bonnie Hofkin to guest on harmonica? She is so soulful, and also happens to be a talented artist and skilled medical illustrator. If you are near West Marin, she has a solo show at The Gallery at the Farm Stand  it opened Father's Day weekend and is running until at least through the end of the month, so check that out if you can - you will be glad you did. There's a funky coffee shop nearby.  
As for the 13th, it's going to be a lot of fun, because we are gathering a bunch of great friends and players. 

So, I hope you can make it to the Throckmorton live album recording event TICKETS 

If not, maybe we will see you at The Saloon on July 6th from 4 - 8 , or at The Empress Marquis Lounge on July 31st (that's a Wednesday night, Arne's 80+2 birthday party.) 
Catch you sooner or later. 
I wish you peace in your soul and love in your heart. 

Ox,
Mari 

p.s. For those of you who have expressed an interest in my writing please allow me to announce the re-opening of Cafe Tamburo, over on Substack. some of my wording may or may not crossover, but if you feel like giving me some encouragement, go over HERE and subscribe. There's some real journalism over in my recommendation column, so at least take a peek. 




Blog Archive