Monday, February 12, 2024

Games People Play

Happy Monday after Super Bowl Sunday, all! 
Well, happy for KC fans and not so happy for the Niners fans. 
It was pretty boring first quarter that turned out to be quite a game, wasn't it? Oh well, baseball season is just around the bend.
Anyway, my favorite moments of the day were catching up with old friends at sweet Honey Green's memorial and holding the baby while the kids were grabbing a taco or two.
Pigging out on the pickle dip whipped up by the son-in-law was pretty awesome. I'm paying the price now because I overindulged a bit. Guess I'll be drinking a lot of water for the next few days.
Least favorite moments - you can probably guess. I'm so not into the whole macho thing, and Elvis and Adam must be rolling in their graves. But music is for everyone, right? That's what I love about it. Just because you can't hold a tune, doesn't mean you shouldn't belt one out once in a while, especially if your team just won the Super Bowl, But seriously, that fit like a "stay in your lane" moment to me! LOL

The Super Bowl seems bigger than it used to, probably because since so many of us do not watch traditional television these days, it is one of the few televised events that has still has a large collective audience - I thought the commercials were sub par, compared to previous years -- maybe that's due to the high cost of the ads? Insert shrug emoji here. 

Anyway, I'm back on the case, seeking gigs between gigs, because, well, it's a long story. 
I'm not coasting - I've been treading water. They make look the same from a distance, but they are not. 
Sending love and best wishes to all. 

Best,
Mari 




Blog Archive