Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Lawrence Ferlinghetti


 You may have already heard that Lawrence Ferlinghetti left the earthly plane yesterday. He was a man who lived his life with passion and purpose, a man who made people think about things other than ourselves, a man who brought life to a bookstore that brought paperbacks to the people. When I lived in North Beach, I used to peruse the aisles of City Lights Books on occasion, unaware of the history, just because it felt like home. 

I am on my way to my current day gig, so I will be brief. 

Let's figure out a fun and fitting way to celebrate what would have been his 102nd birthday on March 24th, 2021. Maybe every March 24th after that, too. 

Which, as it turns out, would have been New Year's Eve in ancient Roman times. Look it up. 

Ox, 

Mari


Blog Archive