Monday, June 24, 2019

Show This Week, POTUS Run Update, Life Lessons

Hey Everybody!

Good morning, good day, good night - whenever you decide to read this, I hope you are feeling good and/or doing well and/or good.

First things first, we have a gig this week:

Lineup:
Me, Arne, Pat, Richard, Roy, and perhaps Doug
The Saloon
1232 Grant Avenue
SF, CA

It is an afternoon show, 4 - 8
a/k/a the day shift!

Secondly, in case you are curious about other things in my life, I'm a bit achy but happy, for the same reason: my new day gig.
It is not the best fit for my skill set, but it's a short walk from where we live and will help pay some bills. Not sure how long this one will last, but I am giving it my all when I'm on the clock, because, well, that is what "living in the moment" entails.
The run for POTUS has stalled in the sanctioned Democratic area, thanks to, well, life and political roadblocks. I will persist and am still in search of a campaign finance manager. I may just have to get creative on this one.
It's really too bad that society judges people on income, equating success with money. We need someone in the White House who can demonstrate that kindness and compassion are more valuable than cash, the complete opposite of you know who.  These are dark times in our country's history, but I feel we can get to a better place. I understand that life's journey takes twists and turns and has dark and light moments.  Each step has a lesson, and sometimes we need to learn that same lesson more than once. 
It goes a bit like this: You will notice that sense of familiarity, then you can tell yourself, "Hey, I've gone through this before and I'm still here, so I can relax just ride this out."  It's called experience. Or, say you didn't like the way things turned out last time this familiar thing was happening, so you try changing it up a bit. That's called growth. Growth can be painful, but it is not as painful when we are actively engaged in it. At least that has been my experience.

I miss talking to my mom.

Sending love and light.

Ox,
Mari

Photo taken in 2012, while I was attending
Community Built Conference in Portland.
During a dark time in my life, this box
 invited visitors to receive a message.
This is the message I received.
This 

Blog Archive