Friday, June 24, 2016

Musings : 6/24/2016 : Save the Date, July 16th in SF!

Hey Everybody!

Hope this email finds you well and happy, or at least a reasonable facsimile. If you are worrying about something, just stop. It doesn't help!

Please save the date : July 16th, Saturday night at the ol' Saloon in SF. No particular causes to promote this time around (at least not yet,) nothing but several hours of music of my choosing to pass the time and celebrate life. Working on the lineup and will let you know who's playing when we figure it out.

Hope you can make it, because we will be there to bust out the blues and the grooves, so you can get your bacon shakin' out on the dance floor...

Speaking of which, there is a whole lotta shakin' going on in the world, what with the #NoBillNoBreak and the people of England deciding to #Brexit and all. I used to freak out about these sort of things, but it gets less scary when you learn to recognize the patterns. We all just seem so divided and there is so much needless violence and destruction in our world. It would be a beautiful thing to see peace in our lifetime, wouldn't it? I guess it is possible, but only if each and every one of us wants it and works at it - from the inside. It all starts with peace of mind and an open heart. What we accept is what will continue.
Think about that one for a while, or don't. The choice is yours.

Thank goodness for music! I just came across this tune by one of my favorite artists, Keb 'Mo. I followed a link that said it was a new release,  but it was from 2014. Where have I been that I missed this? It's funny from a man's perspective, but I bet a bunch of women can relate as well - it's what happens when we find ourselves changing who we are and how we live to please someone we love until we don't recognize ourselves - sometimes to the point that we just can't function. Anyway, I'm rambling. It's a fun tune called "I Liked the Old Me Better" - check it out :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJa1B89Z3bk



See you on the 16th if not sooner! In the meantime, I am seeking several ways to create income and am open for suggestions on projects and paid work.

ox,
Mari

"There is no such thing as failure. Failure is a negative interpretation of experience."

https://www.linkedin.com/in/maritamburo




Blog Archive